Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Homemade Lip Gloss

When I saw this idea, I was super excited. Nothing is better than saving money on makeup, cuz that stuff is EXPENSIVE! Here is the original idea. The lady wasn't kidding when she said Kool-Aid is tart!



Materials:
-1 packet of Crystal Light or Kool-aid (reds and pinks are best for color)
-petroleum jelly (Vaseline)
-an empty lip gloss container
-a cotton swab

I saw a tiny Vaseline container for lip gloss at Target and though it was perfect. I picked up the pink lemonade Kool-Aid also.

1. Mix 1/3 of the packet with the Vaseline using the cotton swab to stir.  If you are doing this in an empty lip gloss container, fill the container up with Vaseline first, then mix in 1/3 of the packet of flavoring. Let sit for 1 hour so that the granules can dissolve.

I tried the mixture, and this was my reaction:


The lady wasn't kidding when she said Kool-Aid is more tart than Crystal Light. It was soooo sour! I ended up throwing mine away. I will attempt this one again, but probably not for a while! Next time, I will use Crystal Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment