Friday, May 18, 2012

DIY Brown Sugar Facial Scrub

I just love facial scrubs. My favorite store bought one is hands down St. Ives Apricot Scrub. It's just abrasive enough to clean off all the dead skin cells and clogged pores. Some scrubs I have tried just aren't "rough enough," and don't even feel like much more than a normal cleanser. I like a little bit of abrasion, once a week. Don't scrub too hard, as the abrasive scrub itself will do the trick.


I also like to make facial masks and scrubs out of common kitchen staples. Mrs. Doubtfire knows what I am talking about. Some are good enough to eat! I actually halved the original recipe to get this one, because a little goes a long way. Even this amount is a bit much, so you can have some friends over and get a good 3-4 masks out of the mix.


Ingredients:
-1/2 cup of brown sugar
-1/4 cup of honey
-1 tablespoon of milk (the higher the % of fat, the better)

1. Pour sugar into a bowl. Stir in the honey and milk (the more you add, the looser the consistency will be).



2. Gently pat mixture onto skin, avoiding eye area. Leave mask on for 15-20 minutes. Unlike most masks, this one will remain sticky and tacky, and will not harden.


3. Gently rinse the mixture off using lukewarm water. Clean extra well around hairline to avoid sticky clumps!



4. Apply moisturizer to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment